John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:01:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone discharged a Sega Rally upright monitor?  (Read 1693 times)
Commando

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2015, 11:48:09 am »

The cabinet opens in the bottom part of the back but the monitor is located above this opening so I cannot get to the anode or even see much of the monitor.
THe monitor is to be extracted from the front.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 12:19:15 pm »

If you can't get to the anode cap just go ahead and pull the monitor out the front. I do this all the time without discharging just be careful not to grab the cap. It isn't going to jump out and get you

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Commando

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 01:40:13 pm »

If you can't get to the anode cap just go ahead and pull the monitor out the front. I do this all the time without discharging just be careful not to grab the cap. It isn't going to jump out and get you
Well, my NOOBness includes not knowing what is dangerous and what is not dangerous to tough. Isn't the back part of the screen dangerous too? And that might be difficult not to touch.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 01:43:32 pm »

The only dangerous part when a monitor is off is the anode cup. The monitor should have supports that you can hold. Once everything is disconnected I will take the nuts off the from and try to pull the monitor forward into my chest. Tilt til you can grab the supports and lift out.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
VertexGuy
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 09:55:05 pm »

Well... I just grab the damn cup and squeeze it and yank it off..
the part that will fuck you up is coupling it goes in.. you touch that and you will be wide awake .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: