John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:48:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donkey Kong sync issue and constantly makes sound  (Read 2223 times)
masterchief217

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2018, 01:46:07 pm »

My friend bought a donkey Kong and asked me if I could fix it because he knows very little about the tech stuff but I’m not quite sure what to do on this game. It appears that there is a sync issue but when it is on it constantly makes a jump noise. The EPROMs on it have no covers on the windows so I think there is a good chance the data on it could be messed up. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to check.
masterchief217

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 01:47:51 pm »

Here is a video https://youtu.be/EwJMUSJ2DX4 Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 02:00:02 pm by masterchief217 » Logged
masterchief217

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 07:18:05 pm »

I fixed the  sync issue by adjusting horizontal hold. The audio issue just appears to be a bad audio amp because sometimes it works gets louder quieter etc.
AgentX

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 09:01:50 am »

Remember: ALL audio amplification for DK is found on the monitor chassis. I've resolved many audio issues like humming, volume fluctuation, etc by simply capping that Sanyo monitor and maybe even reflowing the solder on the little audio amp board!!

-Kasey
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: