John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:45:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiring up xbox to jamma cabinet - help required coin ops 5  (Read 2608 times)
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:06:43 pm »

Hi,
I'm probably collecting a jamma cabinet tomorrow, two player, three buttons per player and two player buttons.

I'm seriously thinking of putting xbox classix running coin ops 5 inside the cabinet, i've seen a timer pcb on ebay that converts the xbox player 1 and 2 controllers over to the jamma cabinet, and the AV to the monitor.

If coinops is used with a standard xbox controller, say you want to play pacman, you coin up and select 1 player using the start and back button.   

How would I go about emulating this with the jamma cabinet setup when the buttons will be assigned already.

Just can't get my head round this one, do I use the coin door and the 1p button?

Do I go drill crazy and just put buttons everywhere.

Should I forget the idea and settle for a 60 in 1?

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 02:39:20 am »

those video adaptors blow with older monitors although they seem to work somewhat with newer ones..
if your gonna go coinops bypass the whole jamma thing. you may just pad hack the original controls then add a seperate smaller board with buttons and pad hack the rest of the buttons .
this would be used for settings and stuff that the other buttons are needed for. prolly sit it inside the coin door .
they actually sell a wire or adaptor for an xbox that converts A/V to RGB or VGA . dont buy that 30 dollar universal converter it sucks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: