John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:15:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help with my Centipede Sound trouble  (Read 1462 times)
krakorjak

These aren't the droids you're looking for

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2015, 06:25:26 am »

Hello, I am in need of some help with my Centipede. When I start a game the sound is at medium sound then goes real low. I did have a blown resistor on the AR2 power/amp board. I replaced the resistor and the big Caps. Still it has the same trouble. When I picked this up the volume pot was cut off and laying in the bottom of the cabinet. I wired it back up to find this sound trouble problem. I have checked that I have 50 OHM on the Rheostat pot. So now I am lost I think my next step will be replacing the LM324 amp on the main board. So basically its like it loses power right after I start the game. it does it on every new play its so odd.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:35:35 pm by krakorjak » Logged

My Games: Ivan Stewart Super Off Road 3 Player, Neo Geo MVS25-4 V3

Looking for: Pacman, , MVS Games
krakorjak

These aren't the droids you're looking for

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 07:27:20 pm »

I just wanted to update this with the fix for my sound trouble. All I need to do is replace the LM324 amp chip on the main PCB.

My Games: Ivan Stewart Super Off Road 3 Player, Neo Geo MVS25-4 V3

Looking for: Pacman, , MVS Games
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: