John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:39:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Cabaret Multi?  (Read 3371 times)
Santeh

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2011, 07:18:35 pm »

Hello All,

I am a bit space limited, thus I am looking for a cabaret multicade in the Florida area (I am in Tampa). Does anyone, by chance, know of one that might be for sale?

Thanks!
MrHiu2

"Get Ready to Serve!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:09:26 am »

Very VERY frequently, local dealers/stores whom sell classic games/cabinets have a M.A.M.E cabinet service. Not that I live in Florida, but you could search www.hotfrog.com or Craigslist.com for such a business. Good luck!

"Part-Time Soda Jerk"
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:44:27 pm »

Hello All,

I am a bit space limited, thus I am looking for a cabaret multicade in the Florida area (I am in Tampa). Does anyone, by chance, know of one that might be for sale?

Thanks!

You can find a cheap cabaret cabinet, rewire it JAMMA (if it's not already) and stick a 60 in 1 board in it. It's really not hard.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 06:33:53 pm »

This guy is good to with for the mutlicade 60 in 1 board:

http://www.jammaparts.net/

Santeh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 07:24:42 pm »

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the help! I am currently looking for a cabaret now and if it is not JAMMA ready I will look into getting that done (although I would not know how to do it myself). I do have a possible lead on a Pac-Man cabaret which I would like as I enjoy the shape of the cabinet, so we shall see. I will let you all know how it goes!

Always,

Sam

P.S.- I thought you might like to know, John, that my wife is looking for me to invest in a TSPP!    Smiley   I am not sure I can afford it, but I am going to try.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:18:31 am »

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the help! I am currently looking for a cabaret now and if it is not JAMMA ready I will look into getting that done (although I would not know how to do it myself). I do have a possible lead on a Pac-Man cabaret which I would like as I enjoy the shape of the cabinet, so we shall see. I will let you all know how it goes!

Always,

Sam

P.S.- I thought you might like to know, John, that my wife is looking for me to invest in a TSPP!    Smiley   I am not sure I can afford it, but I am going to try.

Here's a good guide on how to install a JAMMA harness:

http://arcadecontrols.com/BBBB/jh.html

It's really not that hard.

Also, there are many adapters out there that will allow a JAMMA board (the 60 in 1) to be plugged into non-JAMMA harnesses. For instance, if you get a Pac-Man cab, you can get an adapter at http://www.lizardlick.com/ that will convert the Pac-Man to JAMMA and then you can just plug the 60 in 1 into the original Pac harness. You will have to add buttons, but it's not that hard.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: