John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:15:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Have a list of machines I'm looking for  (Read 3824 times)
Retrogamer1998

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2014, 08:55:31 pm »

Hey guys. Looking to expand my arcade collection quite a bit. Here's some of the games I'm interested in getting.

Donkey kong
Donkey kong jr
Mario bros widebody
Pac man
Ms pac man
Baby pac man

I live in Ohio and we aren't looking to travel super far to get any of these. If you have any of these for sale or know someone with one let me know and maybe we can work something out. Looking to get DK or pac man first. Thanks!
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 08:58:22 pm »

Hey guys. Looking to expand my arcade collection quite a bit. Here's some of the games I'm interested in getting.

Donkey kong
Donkey kong jr
Mario bros widebody
Pac man
Ms pac man
Baby pac man

I live in Ohio and we aren't looking to travel super far to get any of these. If you have any of these for sale or know someone with one let me know and maybe we can work something out. Looking to get DK or pac man first. Thanks!

That's a good list! I'll keep my eyes peeled.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 09:04:06 pm »

Donkey kong
Donkey kong jr
Mario bros widebody
Pac man
Ms pac man
Baby pac man

You and me both! I have an app on my phone to browse craigslist and got my pacman that way. Just keep in mind you can ALWAYS ask someone if they will take a less amount, a lot of the time people will be willing.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Retrogamer1998

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 09:08:45 pm »

I can't seem to have luck with anyone lowering their prices. Like they will have empty cabinets and think they're worth $500 and won't budge. Also finding complete working games seems to be a problem too. A local skating rink has a pac man that they were considering selling and it was in horrible shape. Turns out they fully restored it and it looks brand new. It's good to know that people are fixing them up and keeping them around but sucks that I wasn't able to get it before hand
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 09:18:46 pm »

I'll be honest and say I haven't found many if any non-working games in a while on craigslist. You just need to be patient with people who have stupid prices. Keep an eye on those postings as they will never sell, no one is dumb enough to buy them 99% of the time so wait a few weeks and contact them again and let them know that you are still interested at the right price.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 09:22:18 pm »

I can't seem to have luck with anyone lowering their prices. Like they will have empty cabinets and think they're worth $500 and won't budge. Also finding complete working games seems to be a problem too. A local skating rink has a pac man that they were considering selling and it was in horrible shape. Turns out they fully restored it and it looks brand new. It's good to know that people are fixing them up and keeping them around but sucks that I wasn't able to get it before hand

it's really about persistence and patience. Also, be willing to drive 100 miles. When I started out I set a 100 mile radius max that I was willing to drive. This really expanded my Craig's List searching radius.
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:23:18 pm »

Donkey kong
Donkey kong jr
Mario bros widebody
Pac man
Ms pac man
Baby pac man

Ok I can get you a ......
Pac man cocktail..
another pac man cocktail...
a ms pac man.....
a Mario bros wide body......
And if you really want a nice dragons lair I can get you one for around 1200.
possibly a jr donkey kong. but it has no side art.

there is a donkey kong cocktail on CL in Hartford CL listings.

they don't live in ohio and nothing really to work out other than your gonna either come get em or pay shipping.
I know that sounds cold but your gonna get the same answere from anybody that is not in ohio.
theres always TNT amusments.. that guy loves shipping but he cost a lot.
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 09:25:45 pm »

I can see paying 700 for a working pac man that's all together.. 1000 for a nice one and up to 1500 for a prestine cab.

all depends on what you want and how bad you want it.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 09:27:55 pm »

Thats the problem, the more you want it the more you are going to pay, if you wait you will get a . I wanted a pacman when i started collecting and I waited 3 months. I almost paid $600 for a blind one but waiting paid off.

Retrogamer1998

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 09:30:49 pm »

How much for the DK jr with no sideart?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 09:43:11 pm »

mine? I paid around $300 for mine.

STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 10:06:41 pm »

Thats the problem, the more you want it the more you are going to pay, if you wait you will get a . I wanted a pacman when i started collecting and I waited 3 months. I almost paid $600 for a blind one but waiting paid off.

Ok I waited 3 months... so if I can get an upright for 700 bux im getting it .
heres the problem...  Location.
im sure these people looked around for a while and the well is dry.
Retrogamer1998

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 07:04:42 pm »

Well I found me a DK jr for $450 and in great shape. It's in a blue cab like a DK colored one. Did they make a DK jr in blue?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 08:11:45 pm »

I think they made DK jr in orange and converted blues

Retrogamer1998

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 08:05:22 pm »

Just got a donkey kong cabinet. Anyone know where I can get the d2k add on? Anyone have one for sale? Thanks
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: