John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 02:41:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Track & Field wiring issue  (Read 1811 times)
TAT2LOU

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2014, 09:20:05 am »

Hi, I purchased a working, dedicated "Trackball" upright Track & Field game. I tested it before I left the guys house, everything was OK even after the 120 mile ride home. Then I took the control panel apart, new CPO and leaf switch buttons, then after marking all the wires, I reversed the player 1 and player 2 trackballs ( I wanted player 1 and 3 to be on the left side) I painted the cab and put everything back except the braided grounds I forgot where to put the last one. I know one went to the coin door, then the control panel, where does the last one go? When I put the panel all back together no buttons worked at all, I had the grounds for the jump/throw buttons reversed. I fixed that then only one trackball works now, I took apart and cleaned both Wico trackballs,switched trackball harnesses, and the optic boards around. No matter what I do only that one trackball harness will work. I switched them around to the main wire harness and still only one will work. I checked continuity and both harnesses are good. There are no breaks that I can see. Please help THANKS
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 01:32:26 am »

Trackball on Track and field??
Any pictures?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:41:48 pm »

Trackball on Track and field??
Any pictures?

Yeah the trackball versions came out a bit after the original run with buttons. Pretty interesting but apparently it makes the game easier (makes sense) never seen one in person though.

As far as the  ground wires go, pretty much every metal surface should have at least 1 ground wire running to it, i don't know specifically what grounds go where but find metal and put a ground to it pretty much.

I am not too sure how to help with the track though. If both are working it just sounds like something is goofy with the wiring harness.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 06:08:24 pm »

This one?
Cool had no idea there was a trackball ver of the same game! Does it use the same PCB? Or is there a different one du to de trackball output!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: